The FBI and NFL security said on Monday that they found a jersey stolen from the New England Patriots’ Tom Brady after his team won the Super Bowl last month in Mexico. >> Read more trending stories Along with the jersey, worn during Brady during Super Bowl LI, authorities also recovered a second jersey worn by Brady during the Patriots’ 2015 Super Bowl XLIV victory against the Seattle Seahawks, NFL officials said in a statement. “The items were found in the possession of a credentialed member of the international media,” according to the NFL. Houston police Chief Art Acevedo praised his department’s work in finding the jersey, which was traced to Mexico. Diario La Presna, the newspaper of the Mexican Editorial Organization, said on Twitter that the case involved the former director of the newspaper. A statement on the connection was expected Monday. Few details were immediately available in the investigation. The story made headlines across the country after Brady noticed his jersey was missing from the locker room after the historic Super Bowl win. “I put it in my bag and then came out and it wasn’t there anymore,” Brady said at the time. “So it’s unfortunate because that’s a nice piece of memorabilia. So if it shows up on eBay somewhere, someone let me know. Try to track that down.” The Cox Media Group National Content Desk contributed to this report.
It’s Tuesday. My favorite day of the week. Because tacos. The rumors are true - I love tacos. Crispy tacos. Soft tacos. Beef tacos. Chicken tacos. Even shrimp tacos. They’re all my favorites. But what does Tuesday have to do with tacos? At some point in our US culinary culture, someone put the word “taco” in front of “Tuesday” and created a benchmark dietary staple on a memorable day with a nice alliteration for the title - Taco Tuesday! But, don’t plan on using that for a theme for your new taco business, lest you have a strong legal team. While most people know about Taco Tuesday, they’re considerably less aware of who actually OWNS the ‘Taco Tuesday’ copyright. And that distinction belongs to Wyoming-based restaurant Taco John’s. (app users can see tweet here) (app users can see Facebook post here) We’ve even found what we’re told is the very first ‘Taco Tuesday’ radio commercial from Taco John’s. Behold: (app users can hear the commercial here) Priceonomics has an entire report on the history of ‘Taco Tuesday,’ that starts with this piece of startling information for a restaurant owner who dared use “taco Tuesday” as a promotion: When the owners of the Old Fashioned Tavern and Restaurant received a cease and desist letter demanding they stop holding Taco Tuesdays, they thought it was a joke. For almost a decade, the restaurant had sold $2 tacos on Tuesday night. Other restaurants and bars in the area had similar promotions, and in cities like San Francisco and Los Angeles, Taco Tuesday specials are as plentiful as yoga classes. But the author of the letter claimed that “Taco Tuesday” was a federally registered trademark that belonged to Taco John’s, a chain of around 400 Mexican-style fast food restaurants. And as Old Fashioned manager Jennifer DeBolt told the local Cap Times, they quickly realized that “the law firm is completely legit.” So, like hundreds of restaurant owners and managers who have received letters from Taco John’s lawyers in the last two decades, they stopped using the term Taco Tuesday.
A lawsuit brought by victims of the Orlando nightclub massacre against the gunman's employer and wife is being withdrawn from federal court and filed in state court in South Florida. Attorneys for 61 Pulse victims and family members of those killed filed the lawsuit in state court in Palm Beach County on Monday. The change in venues was made just days after a federal judge said in an order that he doubted federal court was the proper jurisdiction for the case. The lawsuit claims Omar Mateen's employer, security firm G4S, and the wife of Mateen, could have stopped the gunman before the attack last June but didn't. Forty-nine people died in the worst mass shooting in recent U.S. history, and dozens more were injured.
Orlando and Orange County officials want the first anniversary next June of the Pulse nightclub massacre to be marked with acts of love and kindness. Elected officials on Monday said that June 12 officially would be dedicated as 'Orlando United Day - A Day of Love and Kindness.' Officials also announced a series of events planned throughout the day on June 12. An exhibit of artwork collected from memorial sites set up around Orlando after the massacre will be shown at the Orange County History Center, followed by a memorial service at the site of the former gay nightclub. Another memorial ceremony will be held in the evening around downtown Orlando's Lake Eola. Forty-nine people died in the worst mass shooting in recent U.S. history; dozens more were injured.
It will be another day in court for accused murderer Markeith Loyd on Tuesday. The judge could make a decision about whether Loyd needs not only a full psychological evaluation, but an attorney. Markeith Loyd murder case controversy continues with new court filings Scott doubles down on decision to remove Ayala from Loyd's case Chief Mina 'extremely upset' over decision to not seek death penalty in… The Public Defender’s office has already said it has a conflict and is out, and the Office of Criminal Conflict is up next to bat. That office also said there could be an issue, which means the chief judge may appoint a private attorney as stand-by counsel. “The best course of action is that you appoint a seasoned, stand-by counsel whether or not Markeith Loyd wants it or not,” said WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer. But there are only a few who can take over the case. The options for attorneys are all death-penalty certified, and are on a rotation. In Loyd’s case, two attorneys could be appointed, and one will be a seasoned lawyer. Legal analysts say there are a few likely on a shorter list. “In a case like this, the court is going to err, they are going to err on the side of caution,” said Sheaffer. Taxpayers will have to pay for one of the attorneys if it comes to that.
The State Department on Friday afternoon released the first emails from Hillary Clinton’s time as Secretary of State which had been uncovered during the FBI investigation into her controversial private email server – most of them contained one simple command from Clinton – to print an email.
Many of the 75 emails released today have been made public before, but simply now include an extra response from Clinton or her top aide Huma Abedin, like one where Abedin tells her boss that papers are being dropped off at her home.
“Some secure documents being delivered to house this am,” she writes in an email from August of 2010.
“There’s a pouch at your house. Agents should have delivered to kitchen,” Abedin writes in another.
“Ok,” was Clinton’s reply – that two letter email response was one of the emails that Clinton evidently did not turn over to the State Department.
This was the first of four email releases scheduled by the State Department, under an agreement in a federal lawsuit over Clinton’s emails.
Other emails from Abedin are about getting Clinton connected with various Senators, like Judd Gregg of New Hampshire and George Voinovich of Ohio.
“Voinovich being connected to berry in 5 min,” Abedin wrote on August 24, 2010.
“Did u get the fax ok?” Abedin wrote in another.
“Yes. Thx.” was Clinton’s reply.”
Among the emails initiated by Clinton, were some with her directive to aides, “Pls print,” like of an article about the President entitled, “No Drama Obama.”
“Pls print. I’m on my way home,” Clinton wrote in another email that had not been turned over to the State Department.
“Pls print,” Clinton wrote about a subject line of “weekend reading,” which was a New York times opinion piece.
“Pls print 2 copies,” she wrote in February of 2010.
“All of this did not print last night. It stopped after Fourth!” Clinton wrote in October of 2009 in a redacted email about Honduras.
Another time, Clinton was wondering why she hadn’t heard from Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari.
“Do they know I’m trying?” Clinton wrote to Abedin, with the subject line of “Still no call.”
Others were about her schedule:
As in past releases, some of the emails were redacted for security reasons.
Some of the redactions were also accompanied by a note that details of the email were now considered classified, like an email that Huma Abedin forwarded to herself on February 27, 2011 on post-Qadhafi Libya.
That email has already been released – and was labeled a “NEAR DUPLICATE” by the State Department.
That means other than the final “forward” of the email, it had been previously made public.
One forwarded email was of an AP story about trip that Clinton took to Africa, with the subject line of “damn this is good.”
The emails also included more from Clinton confidant Sidney Blumenthal, in one case about a supposed effort to have the Egyptian government strike a deal with the Muslim Brotherhood on a new government.
Clinton forwarded to the email to one of her aides, Oscar Flores, who was also asked by Abedin to print other emails for the Secretary.
“I’ll print in am. I left already,” Flores responds in one email that was not previously released.
“Happy Easter,” wrote Clinton aide Hannah Richert in an unreleased email from April of 2012. “Sorry to both you, but do you want to put out a joint statement on Mike Wallace?”
Wallace, a long time “60 Minutes” correspondent on CBS, had died the night before.
One of the unreleased emails appears to be from Bill Clinton – “Dictated from WJC” is the subject line in December of 2009, seemingly a reply to his wife about advice that she had sought.
You can look through the 75 emails released today – they are available on